Pick your tune, then read

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

ROUND 3

Thank God it's over, the last of the debates. Please hurry, November 6!

It was close, but a slight edge to Obama for controlled aggression. He snuck in a few goodies like "the horses and bayonets" bit.  Romney was in his "look and act Presidential" mode. The basic agreement on foreign policy was evident: at one point Romney reeled off a summary of what we've done and should do, and I'm sure the President smiled because it was pretty much a carbon copy of his policy.

I still think Obama missed a good opportunity to demonstrate the inconsistency and opportunism of Mitt Romney by not needling him regarding his progressive Health Care plan in Massachusetts and his present position of his first act being the repeal of Obamacare. And I think he should have retorted when Mitt Romney stressed his own abilty to work both sides of the aisle in Massachusetts by questioning if Mitt had a Mitch McConnell and a host of rabid Tea Partyites how well he would have reached across the aisle to deal with an implacable enemy whose first mission was to defeat his legislation and second mission not reelect him.

There is no question that Obama dug a deep hole in his first debate. He has tried to climb out of it and has acquitted himself more aggressively, but he let Mitt Romney gain momentum---and that is hard to stop.

It's going to be a tight one. My prediction: Obama by a nose or even a photo finish.

3 comments:

  1. I think you've nailed it. I think it's going to be extremely close. I'll tell you what I feel like doing. I feel like taking a vacation, maybe into the southern Rocky Mountains, hide my self away in some northern New Mexico village where there is no TV, only local radio, Have a couple of good books to read and hang out there, dining and chatting with the locals, until this election is over. Maybe photograph the aspen in their majesty. A vacation from politics.

    ReplyDelete