Pick your tune, then read

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

THE PECKERS ARE STILL UP

Just a brief update. Back in the spring I reported on our new "tenants'", a pair of red-headed woodpeckers, who were occupying a dead palm tree next to our house. When we returned to our home after an absence of four months, we thought they were gone: there was no sign of activity or life. Then, a couple days ago, momma stuck her head out of one of the holes and later was spied on top of the palm. HOORAY!!! We certainly did not want to lose our prized guests! It's so difficult today finding the right kind of neighbors that you want to hang on to the good ones...

2 comments:

  1. Reading the title, I thought for a moment this was going to be far more information than I needed to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured I'd get your attention---that you would be erect---with that title.

    ReplyDelete