Pick your tune, then read

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 10, 2013

GRIDIRON GRUMBLES AND MUMBLES


Now that football season is over, let me voice a few opinions:

(1)     Alabama, if this were baseball, would almost make the majors; certainly, at least AAA  with lots of talent ready for “the big show”.

(2)    After watching some of the bowl games, I do believe Ohio State would deserve a #3 or #4 rating (AP has them #3). It couldn’t handle Oregon and maybe Texas A & M or Georgia.

(3)    Speaking of A & M, I don’t know when I’ve seen a more versatile college quarterback than Johnny Football---a frosh!  (Maybe RG III as a senior.)  What will he achieve in the next three years—unless it goes to his head and he has a letdown?

(4)    If we had a playoff system (hurry, 2015), it would have been Alabama vs. Oregon. That would have been one helluva  battle!

(5)    I hope Peyton can stay hot, but the Ravens are peaking at the right time.

(6)    I think Green Bay will be ready for the Niners but should be oh so close.

(7)    I look for Seattle to knock off Atlanta. They stay hot and Wilson is really coming on.

(8)    I think the Patriots will squeak by the Texans; the rematch won’t be a rout like the last game.

(9)    I think the Redskins management team were guilty of short-sighted expedient thinking re RG !!!.

(10) Rex Ryan must feel like the guy in “The Pit and the Pendulum”. The blade is getting very close.

1 comment:

  1. I guess you noted that the vaulted baseball industry of which Alabama would have made a third string team,maybe, voted no one into the H of F. I personally think that's a good move in light of this age of doping that colored so many darkly. I agree on the A&M quarterback, the one that beat Alabama.

    ReplyDelete