Pick your tune, then read

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 9, 2012

OF BUBBA AND ANNE

It was a great Masters with a fitting finish as the Master of Unorthodoxy pulled another incredible shot to win it all. Bubba Watson is so creative and a delight to watch.

And guess who was there on that drama-filled day? My middle daughter,Anne, who doesn't know a golf ball from a croquet ball, was there to feel that special magic. She called me Friday to tell me that a girlfriend of hers had family who had an extra ticket and would she like to go. She told me it would mean missing church---she's a devout Christian. I assured her the Lord would forgive her, and I, would pray extra hard for her! Then I gave her some background on the Masters, the history of Bobby Jones starting this tournament for champions, some of the great past champions, and the stars to watch on Sunday. I also suggested she sit down on Saturday and watch C.B.S. or the Golf Channel to get a feel for what was coming.

She texted and then called last night to say she loved it. (I would have flown to Atlanta and shot her if she didn't!)

Living proof of the old adage: if you can't be smart, be lucky!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know who this new young Master was until Sunday. I don't watch the game like I used to. I usually pull for another lefty who faded during the final round.

    ReplyDelete