Pick your tune, then read

Total Pageviews

Friday, March 11, 2011

TWO RULES OF LIFE---BY FLESHPOT

Reading in the papers about Jim Tresell, coach of Ohio State, and his slap on the wrist from Ohio State, who fined him $250,000 and banned him from coaching the first two games of next season for failing to report in a timely manner his knowledge of the sale (or bartering) of Ohio State clothing by several key players, makes me chuckle. Just more of the moral hypocrisy of the sporting world. Oh, perhaps the N.C.A.A. will impose a more severe fine on him, but I doubt it: look what they did to Jim Calhoun, the UConn basketball coach who has a record of infractions that makes Tresell look like an archangel.

I also note Tresell has written a new book: "Life Promises for Success: Promises from God for Achieving Your Best." Is the book as long as the title?

All of which leads me to two rules of life that I have learned from bitter experience which I will pass on to the three or four people (just kidding!) who read my blog. The first rule was gleaned from bitter experiences, especially with a crooked business partner and many other phonies whom I have run into during my life. The second rule came from many years of human observation.

Here are my two cardinal rules:

(1) Never trust anyone who injects the name of God or Jesus Christ into a business situation or deal---you will for certain be screwed.

(2) You can be certain that principle will never get in the way of profit.

These two simple rules have never ceased to amaze me and have rarely, if ever, not come to pass. I would be delighted if I could be proved regularly wrong.

2 comments:

  1. That's how things work. We certainly have seen #2 in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't argue with your logic.

    ReplyDelete