Pick your tune, then read

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 30, 2009

MR. COOL TAKES CHARGE

I hope you are as pleased as I at the auspicious beginnings of our new President. He has walked into a raging inferno of domestic and international problems but has somehow kept his cool and measured rationality.

I remember, during the election campaign, catching hell from many friends and even some of my kids about this Muslim radical who would only endanger our country if elected. I kept saying, you are misjudging the man and totally off base. First, he's not a Muslim but a Christian, , and, if you had read anything about him, you'd know that. Second, he is a cool customer, a thinking man who will look at the variety of problems in a rational manner. Third, he is not a wild-eyed leftish radical; yes, he has liberal leanings, but as President he realizes he has to maintain a centrist position.

He's off for the G-20 in a few days, and I don't envy the reception he is going to receive in view of the Anti-American and Anti-Capitalism sentiments internationally. Right now America, whether fairly or not, wears the black hat, thanks to eight years of "the cowboy President", as my British friends frequently referred to Bush. I know Barack Obama will help overcome this perception, for the world instinctively likes him---but he is going to have his hands full, and it will not be easy to get the world powers to fall in line at this point in time.

We can only hope his combination of caring and rationally confronting and analyzing these problems will ultimately carry the day. He can help to restore the good name of America and be the right world leader at the right time.

Lotsa luck, Mr. Cool. Go get 'em!

2 comments:

  1. I am optimistic that he will get this country on the right track. I'm not as confident that our "allies" will play ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like, what have we done for them recently? I worry about that, as well.

    ReplyDelete