Pick your tune, then read

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK?

One of my sons-in-law sent me an update on the number of committees involved in the proposed Health Care Bill----all 2733 pages of it---which came to 159 "watchdogs". See this link to view them: http://donyoung.house.gov/UploadFiles/Healthsum.pdf.

I said in an earlier blog last year that I feared, in view of the contentious nature of the health care debate and the eternal wranglings in Congress, the end product would be a camel---a horse designed by a committee. Alas, I may be right.

Is it time to start over? We need health care desperately, but we also need a plan that is workable.

1 comment:

  1. With the Party of No determined not to have reform at any cost, I don't see how starting over will matter.

    ReplyDelete